Jerry Pendzick will lead a discussion about various aspects of wood finishing including:
- Wood characteristics, understanding veneer vs. solid wood
- Understanding the use of abrasives and manual and powered tools that make
- The hazards of wood dust, and proper use of protective equipment
- Introduction to penetrating oil finishing
- Students will be provided with wood blank and a sandpaper kit. Penetrating oil will be provided for use (tung oil). Rags will be provided for buffing.
Cost: $7 Donation (includes a $2 materials fee)