Jacksonville, Oregon celebrates the holidays and our past with Victorian Christmas.
While the world has changed in 2020, we want to continue with the Christmas Spirit as much as possible.
NOVEMBER 28TH: The Victorian Christmas season will kick-off with a virtual Caroling & Tree Lighting on Shop Small Saturday – 5:00 pm, November 28, 2020. This a virtual event which will be available for viewing on our Facebook page @JacksonvilleOregon and Instagram @visitjacksonvilleoregon.
NOVEMBER 29TH: We will be having a drive-thru Toy Drive on Sunday, 11/29 from 4:30-6:30pm. All unwrapped toys will be given to the Salvation Army to help over 9,000 children in need right here in the Rogue Valley. Entrance to this event begins on E street (from 5th St) turn right on 6th St and exit on C St back onto 5th St (see map). We invite you and your family to give generously and as you drive-thru you may spot some a jolly old elf you know!
Festivities continue on weekends in December leading up to Christmas. The celebration is a wonderful memory-making opportunity for families and friends and it has become a cherished tradition in the Rogue Valley. We decorate the town all in natural greenery with white lights to evoke Christmases past. But the activities will keep any of today’s visitors entertained.
- On weekends between November 29th – December 20th you can take family pictures with Father Christmas and enjoy musical entertainment as you stroll the streets doing your holiday shopping. There is no charge for taking pictures with Father Christmas. We ask that all those 5+ wear a face covering and observe social distancing guidelines. You are welcome to take your own photos as there is no professional photographer. You will find Father Christmas on the 3rd St/California St. entrance of Beekman Bank 11am-4pm. Please view our 2020 Father Christmas Visitor Guidelines.
2. Horse drawn wagon rides are available on Saturdays (11/28-12/19) starting at City Hall on 5th St 12pm-4pm.
Tonka And Mato with Horse Drawn Wagon Rides are back in town for our Victorian Christmas season!
– $10.00 per person, 2 and under free (must ride on lap).
– Cash debit and credit accepted.
– Meet at the Jacksonville City Hall on 5th/C Street, across from the Mustard Seed Cafe.
**If you need a blanket, please bring one**
The Jacksonville Garden Club is now taking pre-orders for Victorian Holiday Greens thru 11/24. Free delivery within Jacksonville or scheduled pick-up. Select item, colors, size, arranged indivdually just for you! Proceeds supportlocal gardens & local students’ college scholarships. Contact Peggy Peffley (541) 778-0857 or at email@example.com.
If you would like to help support our Victorian Christmas celebrations, please donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/victorian-christmas
Unfortunately, due to state health mandates our Christmas Parade has been cancelled this year.
Holiday Shopping in Jacksonville
And where better to do your holiday shopping? Local shops times are imbued with holiday cheer and they have everything you will need to complete your holiday shopping. Additionally, the local restaurants and tasting rooms offer special holiday fare. And all of these establishments are independently owned. So you are guaranteed a personal experience.
- Virtual Community Caroling & Tree Lighting – Saturday, November 28th at 5:00 pm
(available for viewing on Facebook: @jacksonvilleoregon and Instgram: @visitjacksonvilleoregon)
- Christmas Parade & Historic Tours (CANCELLED)
The Victorian Christmas Celebration is coordinated by the Jacksonville Oregon Chamber of Commerce and Business Association which can be reached by calling 541-899-8118 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It takes a village to put on this celebration and we welcome all types of help! If you would like to contribute to help support Victorian Chrismas, please donate here.
Come join us in historic, charming Jacksonville Oregon to celebrate the holidays the old fashioned way!
A very big thank you to ALL of our sponsors. Our Victorian Christmas celebration is only possible through their generous financial support, especially with the set-backs that we have experienced in 2020.
We would like to thank:
GOLD SPONSORS: Jacksonville/Applegate Rotary Club, Jacksonville Boosters Club, Umpqua Bank, & Bella Union Restaurant
SILVER SPONSORS: Cycle Analysis, Warren Lodge #10
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS SPONSORS: The Jacksonville Review, Jacksonville Inn, La Boheme, Jacksonville Company, WillowCreek, Dan McGeorge Gallery, Blue Door Garden Store, Historic Jacksonville, Duncan Cottage, The Cotton Broker, Pickety Place, Rebel Heart Books, Art Presence, Artist & Gardener and Kitchen House B&B, Pico’s Worldwide, Angelica Day Spa & Boutique
Thank you also to our community neighbors near and far for each of your private individual donations.