Jacksonville, Oregon celebrates the holidays and our past with Victorian Christmas.
While the world has changed in 2020, we want to continue with the Christmas Spirit as much as possible.
- FATHER CHRISTMAS: On weekends between November 29th – December 20th you can take family pictures with Father Christmas and enjoy musical entertainment as you stroll the streets doing your holiday shopping. There is no charge for taking pictures with Father Christmas. We ask that all those 5+ wear a face covering and observe social distancing guidelines while waiting in line. You are welcome to take your own photos as there is no professional photographer. You will find Father Christmas on the 3rd St/California St. entrance of Beekman Bank 11am-4pm. Please view our 2020 Father Christmas Visitor Guidelines.
2. Horse drawn wagon rides are available on 12/12, 12/13 (12-3pm), 12/19, 12/20 starting at City Hall on 5th St 12pm-4pm.
Tonka And Mato with Horse Drawn Wagon Rides are back in town for our Victorian Christmas season!
– $10.00 per person, 2 and under free (must ride on lap).
– Cash debit and credit accepted.
– Meet at the Jacksonville City Hall on 5th/C Street, across from the Mustard Seed Cafe.
**If you need a blanket, please bring one**
Twilight Ride: 1 hr History/Christmas light tour in Jacksonville (2-4 people)
Other wagons avail for larger groups. Call Garry for pricing and reserve you spot. 541-660-4835
3. MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT AROUND TOWN
|2020 VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT|
|Sat, Dec. 12||11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Dale Engle||A capella carols|
|12:30 – 2:00 pm||Bob Haworth||One-person band|
|Sun, Dec. 13||11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Southern Oregon Scottish||Bagpipes|
|Sat, Dec. 19||11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Heather Hutton & Aletha Nowitzky||Singing duo|
|12:30 pm – 2:00 pm||Bob Haworth||One-person band|
|2:00 – 4:00 pm||Lynda & Dave Day||Singing duo|
|Sun, Dec. 20||11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Heather Hutton & Aletha Nowitzky||Singing duo|
|12:30 – 2:00 pm|
|2:00 – 4:00 pm||Jake Hersey Brass||Brass duo|
If you would like to help support our Victorian Christmas celebrations, please donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/victorian-christmas
Holiday Shopping in Jacksonville
And where better to do your holiday shopping? Local shops times are imbued with holiday cheer and they have everything you will need to complete your holiday shopping. Additionally, the local restaurants and tasting rooms offer special holiday fare. And all of these establishments are independently owned. So you are guaranteed a personal experience.
- Virtual Community Caroling & Tree Lighting – Saturday, November 28th at 5:00 pm
(available for viewing on Facebook: @jacksonvilleoregon and Instgram: @visitjacksonvilleoregon)
- Christmas Parade & Historic Tours (CANCELLED)
The Victorian Christmas Celebration is coordinated by the Jacksonville Oregon Chamber of Commerce and Business Association which can be reached by calling 541-899-8118 or emailing email@example.com. It takes a village to put on this celebration and we welcome all types of help! If you would like to contribute to help support Victorian Chrismas, please donate here.
Come join us in historic, charming Jacksonville Oregon to celebrate the holidays the old fashioned way!
A very big thank you to ALL of our sponsors. Our Victorian Christmas celebration is only possible through their generous financial support, especially with the set-backs that we have experienced in 2020.
We would like to thank:
GOLD SPONSORS: Jacksonville/Applegate Rotary Club, Jacksonville Boosters Club, Umpqua Bank, & Bella Union Restaurant
SILVER SPONSORS: Cycle Analysis, Warren Lodge #10
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS SPONSORS: The Jacksonville Review, Jacksonville Inn, La Boheme, Jacksonville Company, WillowCreek, Dan McGeorge Gallery, Blue Door Garden Store, Historic Jacksonville, Duncan Cottage, The Cotton Broker, Pickety Place, Rebel Heart Books, Art Presence, Artist & Gardener and Kitchen House B&B, Pico’s Worldwide, Angelica Day Spa & Boutique
Thank you also to our community neighbors near and far for each of your private individual donations.