Winter Dreams/Summer Gardens Symposium announced by Jackson County Master Gardeners
The Jackson County Master Gardener™ Association presents the Winter Dreams/Summer Gardens Symposium, Saturday, November 4, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. The program includes over 30 different classes on subjects ranging from the wonders of soil, to gardening in raised beds, to propagation from cuttings, and many more.
Whether you are new to the Rogue Valley, or have gardened here for many years, these presenters will help you learn and grow as a gardener. This is the 20th year the Jackson County Master Gardeners have offered classes on all aspects of gardening, for beginners, all the way through professionals in the landscape field. CEH credit is available.
To see the entire 2017 Program Schedule, visit the Jackson County Master Gardener™ Association website at: http://jacksoncountymga.org/winter-dreams-summer-gardens-symposium
The cost is $45 for a full day of classes. The program will be at the Higher Education Center a SOU/RCC Facility, 101 S Bartlett Street, Medford.
Session 1: 9:00 to 10:30 am
- Wonderful Soil: What it is and How it Works
- Designing Your Garden with Deer-proof Hellebores
- Ecological Gardening with Beetles
- Growing Pollinator Gardens
- The Joy of Berries, Joe Heller
- Benefits of Community Gardens
- Soil Amendments and Fertilizers
Session 2: 10:45 to 12:15 pm
- A Systematic Approach to Plant Problem Diagnosis
- Gardening in a Mediterranean Climate
- Using Native Plants to Create Pollinator Habitats
- Gardening with Chickens
- Masses of Grasses
- Love Your Bugs
- Succeeding with Succession
- Planning and Growing a Butterfly Garden
- Planting a Garden for Food Preservation
- Ways to Enjoy the Foods of Your Labors
Session 3: 1:15 to 2:45 pm
- Planting Bulbs for Seasonal Color
- I Did It! The Joy and Satisfaction of Canning and Preserving
- Technology for Gardeners
- Easiest Veggies to Grow
- Conserving Biodiversity
- Propagation from Cuttings
Session 4: 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- Seed Saving
- Building Soil Carbon: Using Natures Solution to Restore the Soil
- Forensic Botany, or Plant CSI
- Building Your Own Compost
- Try the Master Gardener Program on for Size – Seed Starting Basics
- Success with Raised Beds
There will also be other classes throughout the fall, including the following:
“Fall Cultivation Techniques” Saturday, September 30 * (3 of 3 series) 12:30-3:00pm
This is an educational work party for the food security garden. Learn to cultivate the soil without tilling for fall cover crops. Pre-register and pay online http://bit.ly/JacksonMG2017 or call 541-776-7371
“Deer Resistant and Still Beautiful” Monday, October 9, 3:00-5:00pm
Just because you have deer, doesn’t mean you can’t have an incredible garden. Learn what to plant despite the deer. Pre-register and pay online http://bit.ly/JacksonMG2017 or call 541-776-7371
“Guided Garden Tour: Fall Color Must Haves” Thursday, October 26, 10:00-11:30am
Take a guided tour of the Extension demonstration gardens to see first-hand what trees, shrubs, and perennials still look great in Fall.
Pre-register and pay online http://bit.ly/JacksonMG2017 or call 541-776-7371
Naked Art 2019 Naked Art 2019 marks Art Presence’ 5th annual exhibition of unmounted, unframed works of fine art by Art Presence membe...
The Jacksonville Community Center offers a wonderful event and meeting space. The addition, remodeling and landscaping have transformed th...