We use the funds paid by you for the Enhanced Advertising Package as seed money for grants from the Transient Lodging Tax Grant Fund. This allows us to at least double the funds we can use to promote Jacksonville as a destination. So your $250 annual cost for this package have a far greater reach than you may realize. We also add in
We also work in active partnership with regional organizations such as the winery associations on some advertising opportunities.
2017 Advertising Placement
Travel Oregon – Our state travel & tourism organization with extensive marketing initiatives. Its website attracts 1.4 million users annually and they have extensive marketing outreach in the region, nationally and internationally from which we should benefit.
- Printed Guide (300,000 Direct mailing upon request & circulated throughout greater region and at trade shows) – 1/6 page ad
- Website Ad & Destination Location Listing
- Welcome Center – Brochure placement in 7 locations across state, including PDX
- Sponsored Content – website article that will rotate throughout Travel Oregon website for 12 months and focuses on how to experience Jacksonville at any time of year
Travel Southern Oregon – Our regional travel & tourism organization that markets all of Southern Oregon. Their website
- Website Banner Ad
- Printed Guide (Direct mailing upon request & circulated throughout greater region and at trade shows) ¼ page ad
- Representation at Travel Trade Shows
- Active participation in hosting travel writers and coordinating tour groups, etc.
- Oregon Shakepeare Festival – Full-Page ad in playbills with 3-coop advertisers; targeting the Ashland visitor population – 400,000 theater attendees
- Ashland Walkabout Guide
Crater Lake Country – a website that attracts 160,000 users interested in visiting Crater Lake, with multiple marketing initiatives
Regional Publications – We have selected a handful of regional publications to target populations with a high probability of visiting Jacksonville. Some are focused on the immediate area and others in strategic geographic target markets.
- Southern Oregon – Print advertising targeting regional residents and visitors
- Southern Oregon Wine Scene
- Enjoy Magazine – Redding
- Eugene Magazine – print advertising
- Portland Magazine – online
- Sacramento Magazine – online advertising
- Sierra Magazine (sister publication of Sacramento Magazine) – print advertisiing
- 101 Things To Do in Southern Oregon
In addition to these advertisements, we also continually focus on our content marketing by updating what is featured on our website and social media outlets. This fresh information attracts viewers on an ongoing basis and helps us to keep people thinking about and hopefully planning their next Jacksonville experience.
Additional Marketing Initiatives – Travel writers are key to getting Jacksonville’s message out. So we have earmarked funds to cover hosting expenses. The recent articles
Marketing Committee – The advertising and promotional activities are coordinated through the Executive Director with oversight provided by the Marketing Committee. Marketing Committee members must participate in the Enhanced Advertising Package. The original members were the former Jacksonville Oregon Business Association’s (JOBA’s) Board of Directors and include:
- Dan Marca DANCIN Vineyards
- Robert Roos Magnolia Inn
- Jamie Collins Back Porch Bar & Grill
- Bobby Abernathy Britt Festival
- Whit Parker Jacksonville Review
- David Works Segway of Jacksonville
- Hilary Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus & Bigham Knoll Event Center
If you would like to support this plan by participating in the Enhanced Advertising Package, please contact ExecutiveDirector@JacksonvilleOregon.org