Community Center Breaks Ground for New Facility
A ground-breaking ceremony for the new Jacksonville Community Center (JCC) will be Wednesday, May 31 at 9:45 am. Community members are invited to join the board of directors for the JCC, civic leaders and city staff along with all those who have contributed funding, energy and time to this project so important to our town.
The new facility will have capacity for social events, classes, meetings and many other functions.
Fundraising for the new building began early in 2016 when supporters responded with great enthusiasm. This allowed planning to move forward and they now expect the Center to be completed by the fall of this year.
Donations are still needed but we are so grateful to all who have contributed already. Here are some of the accomplishments of the campaign:
- 115 contributions and pledges have been received from individuals, totaling more than $107,000. Of those, 87 were contributions of up to $1000, and 21 were $1000 or more, including 3 that were $10,000 or more.
- 12 local businesses made cash contributions and pledges totaling more than $20,000. Of those 7 were $1000 or more. 13 local individuals and businesses donated art, wine, golf and other items for a silent auction last July.
- In April 2017, the Jacksonville Seniors presented JCC with a check for $153,200, funds which have been conserved over many years from sales at the Old Library Collectibles and Thrift Store. This gift is the fulfillment of the Seniors’ longstanding mission to support development of a community center in Jacksonville.
- Local artist Anne Brooke painted a beautiful watercolor rendition of the new Center, which has graced promotional and fund-raising materials.
- 175 bags of recyclables were collected in the summer and fall of 2016—redemption of these cans and bottles went to support the building project.
- Local and regional foundations committed more than $240,000 for the project: The Carpenter Foundation ($5,000); The Robert & Frances Chaney Foundation ($2,500); The Collins Foundation ($40,000); The Ford Family Foundation ($150,000); Jacksonville Boosters Foundation ($5,000); The Oregon Community Foundation ($35,000); West Family Foundation ($8,100).
Jacksonville Community Center is a charitable 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and acknowledges that no goods or services were received in exchange for the donation amount listed. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the correct treatment of this gift for tax purposes, and retain this letter as your receipt. Federal ID No. 93-1299899
Britt Festival offers a series of nine engaging and interactive concerts for children. BrittKids Koncerts are FREE to the public and the m...
Find all future events with our ONLINE CALENDAR. Printable PDF Weekly Calendar: CLICK HEJuly 16, 2018RE Monday, July 16 Rebel Heart Books...