10 Uniquely Jacksonville Gift Ideas
Finding the perfect gift for friends and family can be challenging. So here are a few ideas if you want to give a gift that is uniquely Jacksonville.
1. Jacksonville’s History – You will find books on our history at Terra Firma Gifts and the Visitor Information Center. There are also Jacksonville t-shirts, sweatshirts and magnets at Willow Creek, Shopping bags and tchockes at Scheffel’s Toys & More.
2. Shared Experience – A gift certificate for an experience to be shared. One is a Segway rental or tour from Segway of Jacksonville. Or plan on taking some special people on a Beekman House Tour offered through Historic Jacksonville, Inc. Through the summer they offer themed and living history tours on select weekends. During Victorian Christmas they also offer special Christmas themed tours.
3. Local Wine – As the heart of the Southern Oregon Wine Region you have many options – and the shopping is especially fun! DANCIN Vineyards has been raking in the awards on their excellent Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs. Right in town you can also check out Quady North and South Stage Cellars which features wines made from their grapes by other winemakers as well as their own label. Valley View is the grandfather of the regional vineyards and Caprice is known for its Cabernet.
4. The Britt Experience: Britt has been a a Jacksonville tradition since 1962. The Britt Orchestra comes together for three weekends in late July/early August. But all types of concerts run from June through September. Membership or a Britt Gift Certificate to be used for tickets during the regular season can be found at: Britt Festival
5. Donations – Honor a friend or family member with a donation to an organization dedicated to serving Jacksonville. A couple of ideas Jacksonville Boosters Club does many projects like restoring the Britt Gardens, Friends of the J’ville Cemetery is the volunteer group that helps to maintain and restore our beautiful pioneer cemetery. Historic Jacksonville, Inc. is helping to maintain the Beekman House and Beekman Bank by providing tours and special programs.
6. Pampering: A gift certificate for some post-holiday pampering at one of our spas or salon is a sure way of being appreciated twice – at the time you present the gift and then again when the gift card is redeemed! Check out your options at Spa, Angelica Day Spa, and California Street Skin & Nail Studio.
7. Gift Baskets or Jerky (Beef, Buffalo, Elk) from Gary West Meats. Celebrating 50 years of producing what has become known as the Rolls Royce of jerky. They can also create customized gourmet food baskets for many different tastes.
8. Jacksonville Christmas Ornaments from the Visitor Information Center. Three different ceramic ornaments featuring historic buildings – Beekman House, Presbyterian Church, and the Courthouse. $10 each or all three for $25. The center is located at the corner of C & North Oregon Streets by the post office. Hours are 10 am – 3 pm.
9. Art – It is a pleasant surprised to see the level of artistic talent in this area. For items created by local artists and artisans check out The Woodcarving Place and Art Presence Art Center. The diversity of offerings will astound you!
10. Locally Crafted Products – You can also find locally crafted items at a number of stores around town. Jacksonville Candles at WillowCreek Gifts, Thomas Gregg Fine Jewelry at Carefree Buffalo to name just a few.
Tuesday, September 17 Jacksonville Community Center – Music Jam 6:30–8 pm Wednesday, September 18 DANCIN Vineyard Live Music: Shae Celin...
Victorian Days presented by Historic Jacksonville, Inc. this fall feature two of their most popular themed tours. Those tours are Victoria...